Ogres, People of Walmart, and my book trailer.

Monday, June 13, 2011
What an exciting last few months! 

I've been reading and re-reading and writing and re-writing Sophie & Carter endlessly, in the hopes that I just might be able to publish something that at least one person out there (who is not my mother or any other obligated relative--yes, relatives, you are obligated to like my writing) will enjoy.  Maybe not even enjoy...maybe just relate to...or understand...or maybe just not hate with a feverish passion.  

Really, I believe, that is my biggest goal:  NOT to evoke a mass uproar of readers who hate my story and are, therefore, picketing outside my house with cardboard signs and torches and ogres (because whenever I envision a picketing crowd, there's always an ogre in the background looming over the enraged townsfolk and drooling) while chanting a catchy mantra of dislike...and all because they didn't like my book and think I should stick to things I do better--like lying on the couch and watching reruns of Gossip Girl.  I'm very good at that.  In fact, I might just ditch this blog post right now and conjure up a dusty DVR recording of Gossip Girl Season 2.  Who's with me?

Anyway...these last few months have been crazy.  Crazy wonderful.  Crazy weird.  Crazy I'm-so-nervous-and-excited-I-can't-eat-or-sleep-so-instead-I-spend-an-unhealthy-amount-of-time-on-www.peopleofwalmart.com-because-it-makes-me-laugh-out-loud-at-3am-and-vow-never-to-wear-neon-mesh-in-public.  Yes, these months have been just plain crazy! :)  

But it has honestly been the best kind of crazy I've ever experienced.  And I hope (so so SO bad) that I continue to have the craziness of writing and re-writing and editing and publishing saturate my otherwise sleep-and-food-filled life for many years to come!

Now, onto the reason I'm posting (because I certainly had no intention of going off on a tangent about ogres or confessing my short stint as a peopleofwalmart voyer when I sat down today). 

I am proud to announce that Sophie & Carter is now officially available for pre-order on Amazon.com!  

The title will be released by July 1, 2011 and should be ready for purchase at www.barnesandnoble.com and www.ebooks.com within the next few weeks/months. 


Also, I had the pleasure of working with a very talented videographer to produce the official book trailer for Sophie & Carter.  Check it out and let me know what you think. :)


by Anderson HD Photography


0 comments:

Post a Comment